View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You are a prime candidate for some magnesium therapy.

Either oral supplements daily, like SlowMag twice a day.
Or the new magnesium lotion called Morton Epsom lotion.

I'd suggest the lotion, as it is easy to apply and will work overnight for you well.

Apply a quarter's diameter on both legs, mostly the calves... before bed and rub it in. The magnesium will relax the contractions and prevent them. It will also bind to the pain receptors in the area and block pain signals. (the NMDA receptors), and will dilate the blood vessels so your circulation is better.

When I was working long standing hours like you, I also used some natural Vit E with my magnesium tablets, and it seemed to work well. Back then the lotion was not available.

You can find Morton Epsom Lotion at your local WalMart and also online at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Morton-Epsom-L...n+epsom+lotion

This lotion is really fantastic and not expensive at all. Start with it and see how you do within a week. Apply only to intact skin.
Many people on NeuroTalk now use this lotion daily, with great success. It can definitely improve your sleeping as well, as it has a calming action.

You can also soak in a bathtub with 6-8oz of epsom salts and lukewarm water. But the lotion is much nicer and easier and I think absorption of the magnesium is better that soaking.

If you take blood pressure medications, you may find that your dosing may have to be reduced over time, because restoring proper magnesium levels in the body, often corrects hypertension.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote