View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi again Kim!

It is bizarre to have a headache every day, but that baseline headache is normal for me now! I hope your migraine is easing up as well as the burning.

I was wondering if you have ever tried Topamax? I was on it for many years for migraine prevention. It worked wonders for me in cutting down the frequency drastically. I stopped taking it about 1 1/2 yrs ago because the effectivenness wore off. I am gonna start taking it again since the frequency has increased again. My dr thinks it will help my RSD pain as well. Also, the migraine medication that worked the best for me was Amerge (naratriptan). I took that for years and it was wonderful...until I developed an allergy to it...how nice huh? I tried pretty much every other migraine med out there and this was the only one to help. Now the only thing I can take is Fiorinal when my headaches get bad and I have nothing for migraines

I would hold off on giving up caffeine just yet. Aside from the benefits Bram mentioned, giving it up will increase your headaches unless you eliminate it gradually (which is what I am working on doing right now because my caffeine comes from a daily soda). The caffeine headaches/migraines are awful!

You definitely need to discuss your migraine with your drs as it has gone on way too long. Also, you guys need to re evaluate your meds. Is it possible that something you are taking is causing it? That is one of the things that happens to me when I cannot tolerate a med, most have cause migraines (on top of other things). You need to be honest with your dr about everything that is happening, they cannot help you if you do not tell them. I've been there with the "I'm fine, it'll pass" I got over it real quick when nothing was "passing" and now I tell them everything!!

Sorry if some of this doesn't make a lot of sense, I have had a massive headache for days!

Take care,
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (03-30-2014), Brambledog (04-04-2014)