View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:44 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Hi Nanc.

I haven't ever tried Topamax. The Pizotifen worked really well for me when I took it. I will think about taking it again, or maybe trying Topamax. That's when I'm able to think straight again. I don't know how you do it with a headache every day.

I'm not currently on any meds. I do have tramadol but I take that very infrequently and did not take it around the time of the onset of this particular migraine. I only take tramadol when I absolutely have to because it turns me into a zombie. Basically, if I take it I can't do anything at all that day. So, I only take it when the pain is so severe that I can't do anything anyway.

As for daily meds, I have tried Lyrica and nortriptyline but they both made me too groggy so I stopped taking them. I will try amitriptyline next but I haven't started that yet.

I don't take anything else apart from a very occasional Anadin Extra (aspirin, paracetamol, and caffeine). Or, rather, the store-brand version of Anadin Extra. That sometimes helps with migraines (note the caffeine as Bram explained). During the course of this horrendous migraine I have taken 3 of these (not all at once, obviously).

I have had naratriptan before and it worked reasonably well. I may ask for that again when I next see my GP. I'm so sorry that you developed an allergy to it. That truly sucks.

I am going to work on being more open with my doctors about how I am feeling. I really appreciate your support in that. I just can't seem to openly say how much pain I am in. I think: I'm tough, I can handle this, I will be fine. But you are right, I need to be more open with the doctors so that they can provide appropriate treatment. I don't mean to be dishonest with them; 'I'm okay' just comes flying out of my mouth.

I'm sorry you are having a horrible headache too. I hope your head settles down a bit soon.

Kim
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (03-30-2014)