View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neupro – unintended experiment

On Friday I forgot to put on my Neupro patch, 6 mg, and did not realize it until Saturday morning. Neupro is the only Parkinson's medication I take except for one at night for my REM sleep disorder. I often wonder if the medication Really makes any difference. During the day on Friday I noticed that my neck became stiff, my toes started to curl, the fingers on my right hand became even more unresponsive than usual, and I had a few cramps in my leg. My tremor was a little more aggressive, but not enough to notice and ask questions about. I slept just fine Friday night.

Saturday morning I realized what I had done as I alternate patches from right to left and the old patch was on the wrong side. I honestly did not figure it out until then. Oddly enough, I've been paying the price since then. Even though I had the patch on all day Saturday and today I've continued to have problems with my toes and with my fingers and my tremor is still stronger than normal. I'm hoping that by tomorrow everything will be back to the way it was. At least I know Neupro is doing something!
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (04-01-2014), Jomar (05-26-2015), lab rat (03-31-2014)