View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jenn,

So sorry you're going through so much, totally understand, it's beyond awful.

I'm no doctor but even I know the 3 bulging discs you have can be SOOO painful and I'm amazed you were told this alone was nothing!!! Some people can have this and feel nothing, others are in agony, why on earth did the neurologist not look further in to those, it may not be the bulges that are causing the pain but it needs to be rules out.

To give you an example I have one herniated disc in my neck which is pressing on the C7 nerve and have been in tears begging for the pain to go, it has progressively become worse and worse over the months, had a ridiculous Dr who went months before getting the right tests.

I have the "tingles" pain/numbness (depending on which day it is) through my arm and hand (middle fingers) burning and pain all around my neck and upper back radiating in to my shoulders.

Don't know of course if the disc bulges you have are causing all your problems, you have other things going on as well, don't care if anything says "mild" mild can also be extremely painful.

At this point I can only think for you to get a 2nd opinion and a 3rd if need be, you are suffering and something is going on. A neurologist/surgeon or even a physiatrist, (pain medical Dr) not psychiatrist! all though I'm sure I need to see one at this point!

Problems in the back can cause all sorts of symptoms which radiate down arms, legs etc depending where the problem is.

I now also have burning on the top of my left foot and numbness/pain in left knee and ankle after a steroid injection last week didn't have that before so my advice too is not to jump in to those injections, I'm in agony every day and sit at night with a warm compress wrapped around my neck to keep it upright and secure.

I too feel so scared and had an awful Dr for over a year who was not taking me seriously and kept saying it's nothing, it'll all stop, well it all got worse!!

I understand you just want to go walking and play with your daughter, I actually saw a physiatrist who was the best and got all the MRI's going, he totally understood where all this pain was coming from.

Let us know how you're doing? look after yourself, I know how hard it is, it takes over your whole life, we have to keep going until someone does something!
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote