Thread: Blessed
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Namesake?

Namesake? Who? I hit the forums only once in a while, but I like to be out there to get people to push themselves to do what they think no longer possible. Skiing - I thought impossible until I put the old planks on.

These leads are cemented in- very glad to have a paddle and to "scar like crazy" per my neurosurgeon. I'd have to break my back to yank em. Wasn't skiing hard enough to do that. Just have to make sure I don't take out an ACL or something- that would be a problem.

It was a bizarre experience. Very bizarre. I saw a lift sign that said "do you know there are 3 US resorts that still outlaw snowboarding?" I looked at the lift operator and said Alta, Sundance, Mad River Glen - he was confused - I pointed at the sign. It was opening an old, wonderful book if only for a few hours. Well winter might be near it's end, but if I can keep at it, there will be a next year.

Skied for a few hours with my son, but he was more interested in throwing snowballs in the firepit. Whatever floats his boat! We did several runs.

Got home, power intervals on the bike - getting ready for bike touring season and maybe a couple amateur hillclimb races .
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-31-2014), Hana (04-01-2014), PamelaJune (05-06-2014), Rrae (03-31-2014)