View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I like marzipan cookies from Whole Foods, and the ginger snaps I buy for the grandkids.
I rarely eat them, though, as I am trying to preserve my teeth, and they say sugar is not too good for the teeth, so if I eat a desert it's at home when I can wash my teeth and use Biotene right away.

My best news is my new pcp, who really knows about neurology and hematology, and probably everything else. How did I get so lucky?

My grandkids are a joy, although hard work. One of them is trying to teach me to play a computer game, Minecraft. The other one, a nine year old boy, is learning to use a sewing machine his mother has (we watch him carefully so he won't get hurt) and he's going to hem my slacks which are now too long since I lost weight. I love to help the older boy with his writing for school, like helping him pick a subject for his "news report" and filling him in on what's going on in the world, like sinkholes all over.

Both grandkids are taking music lessons. Rusty's music teacher is encouraging him in jazz improvisation because that's the way his interest lies, she says. He is nine and the other one is 11--dreaded Middle School next year. I do not approve of Middle Schools since I went to one myself and tried to teach in one long ago.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
missj (03-31-2014), SallyC (03-31-2014)