View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Bri

Thanks for the update, Bri

I'm so sorry . I thought surely there would be an answer for all of this by now. With your headaches getting worse when your unit is on, your Dr is 'sure' it has nothing to do with the implant. Is he even LISTENING to you!! Grrr. I'm hearing voices in my head screaming "arrogant weenie!"
The Dr who did my implant was very arrogant. Well, hopefully your Dr has the utmost confidence in the neurologist he is referring you to.
I pray that you will get in with him soon b/c neuro's seem to have a long waiting list for some reason.
Is your unit a cervical one? or Lumbar?

Here's a site I found that refers to headaches and other possible causes:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24...rd-stimulator/

"if" there perhaps was a small puncture made in the spinal membrane while the unit was being implanted, would maybe explain what you are going through. Since your headaches were a problem 'before' the diagnostic lumbar puncture was made, I can't help but think that there was an accidental puncture during the implant.
The good part in reading this article is that the puncture WILL heal. eventually.

I dunno, Bri, I'm just throwin ideas around. I just wish your Dr would've dug deeper into the possibilities instead of referring to the neuro.
I do pray that answers do come very soon.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bri594 (03-31-2014), eva5667faliure (03-31-2014), Hana (04-01-2014), Mark56 (03-31-2014)