View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I bought some of these over the weekend. (this is an old picture I took months ago to show another online friend, it's easier than uploading a new picture).

They're similar to a British cookie called a "Jaffa cake". (they actually call cookies "biscuits" in England). Altho, everything I've read about Jaffa Cakes, those are actually more cake-like than cookie/biscuit-like. They're kind of cake like, with an orange flavored filling, and the chocolate on top of the cookie. Best mix of flavors in the world are orange and chocolate. I fell in love with the flavor when I went to England and got some chocolate cake there that had orange marzipan or something like it mixed in the layers of cake. I need to figure out how to replicate the flavors. If I can find a bakery that can make that, I might have a birthday cake like that this year.

I am addicted to this particular brand of cookie (Pim's), but I do someday want to buy some actual Jaffa Cakes from England so I can compare the two. See which is better. The price of the Pim's cookies has gone up. They used to be $2.50 last year. Now they're $3.38!! (that was at Walmart on saturday)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (06-01-2014), SallyC (03-31-2014)