View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did the same Dr. Smith; through PT and my Neurosurgeon at the time. It felt great hanging off the door and while in it. But the minute I came out of it, it just seemed like my facet joints just slammed back down for lack of a better description. And I did this for 3 years!! It wasn't until I found a great SPINAL PM doc, that found that true problem(s). Facet joint injections were the ticket for pain relief at that point. It was wonderful to be completely pain free for a few weeks. But my C3/C4 was so far gone, I had to have a fusion. C5/C6 two years later. My point being, it is always best to have conservative therapy first but if too far gone, more has to be done. As for as Chiro goes, I will only relay what my PM had to say. He said, "Some people swear by it. But as for you and as bad as your cervical spine is, STAY AWAY from them UNLESS they are just going to work on the muscles and relieve spasms!" Just remember, the cervical spine is a far cry from the lumbar and far, far more serious.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (03-31-2014), PamelaJune (03-31-2014)