View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Days 4 - 5 progress is still being made

Hello All,

So sorry I haven't had a chance to update in a while or respond to the many kind messages you have all left. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Here is the official update: So far things have gone really well. Prior to trying this continuous epidural catheter my pain level was mostly pegged at a 10. I had what my doctors refer to as a severe form of causalgic pain or CRPS II. Once they were able to get the epidural placed and running properly my pain levels have mostly been at a 3/4 and up to a 6/7 on 3 occasions. Initially when the pain and symptoms spiked back up to a 6/7 both my husband and I were so disappointed as we thought that meant this had failed. On the contrary!! After talking with my doctor (who is just amazing by the way) he said he is very pleased at the results so far. He said I should not focus on the little hiccups along the way, rather focus on the big overall picture, which is clearly much better today than it was last week when he admitted me.

I am honestly in disbelief that most all of my previous symptoms are gone. Now, even when pain is breaking through it is only the burning and the sensitivity not all the rest. YIPPEE!!

My doctor just changed the medication concentration to see if that will help get the breakthrough pain down some more. His plan is to keep fine tuning the medication over the next few days until we can achieve the best affect possible before sending me home.

I am so grateful for my doctors!!

By the way tos8 - it feels great to be almost pain free. I hope that one day you will also have the chance to feel that again!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (04-19-2014), anon6715 (03-31-2014), eevo61 (04-20-2014), ginnie (04-02-2014), Nanc (03-31-2014), RSD ME (03-31-2014), tos8 (03-31-2014), Vrae (03-31-2014)