View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llynnyia View Post
If I push past the pain to even do something as mundane as finish grocery shopping it leaves me in that level of pain for three to four days , I have actually collapsed because of this before. It is horrid and so so painful, it doesn't help movement at all but maybe that's because its nearly my entire leg? weight baring and all that? Maybe the benefits of extreme use is individual as we are?
Pushing to that point is NOT a good idea. It took me months and months of gradual increased movement (constant...but starting with very very basic stuff that was not weight bearing at all). I still walk with a walker...primarily because even though I can do a little walking without it...it is a HUGE strain on my leg to be full weight bearing. I cannot last very long at all if I don't use the walker. But WITH it...I can be on my feet for a full 9+ hour shift at work. I'm only 30...27 when I started using the walker...so it does feel strange to need it...but it allows me to live a more normal life.

But even with that said...we are ALL different. The key is learning our own limits and pushing just enough to continue improving but not so much to set us back. I've had many setbacks and bad flare ups over the past few years since it spread from just my left ankle to my left knee and entire upper body from waist to neck including both arms and hands. No matter how you slice it...there just isn't a quick easy one size fits all approach to treatment of RSD/CRPS.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote