View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
Welcome to the forum, sorry for the circumstances.

Gabapentin, like many other drugs, can be tough to titrate to the proper "effective" dosage, which of course varies from person to person. But it is critically important to get to that effective dosage and some doctors bail out too early.

Gabapentin is my mainstay drug for CRPS. I had to go up to 1800 mg (600 mg 3 times daily) before I found relief. What your doctor is doing is prudent.

I don't think the edema or creep of symptoms is being caused by the gabapentin.

There are other drugs though which can be effective for neuropathic pain such as Lyrica, Cymbalta, and others. You might have to experiment a bit to find the right drug AND the right dosage of that drug. Have you tried any other drugs besides the gabapentin?

I'd type more, but my carpal tunnel is acting up. Hope this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwall View Post
Gabapentin can cause peripheral edema. It does in me. So, yes, it can be causing the swelling.

Tonight after gabapentin last couple of days. It's usually not this bad. No other reason for it. It always happens when I take it.

Attachment 8129

Denise
That looks a whole lot like my leg its so swollen it feels like my toes are being curled upwards. So it can cause it, but not always even if it does sometimes? If that makes any sense.

Thank you, for helping .
Llynnyia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote