View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi vrae, It is so hard for us to show our pain and discomfort to our loved ones. Your journey and present condition is surely horrific. If you could explain "all" to your daughter you would most likely see a new ally that would help you with others where you yourself may not speak out yourself. My wife does that for me because I am such a stoic person and don't show or tell people of my pain and never have. I still have a difficult time explaining the severity of my pain level to the doctors. As a child (4 boys, 1 girl ) we were not allowed to show pain by our father. If it didn't bleed, it didn't hurt! When my rsd/crps is real bad I relocate myself away from people and isolate to my bedroom etc. When we are visiting someone and my wife sees that I am getting edgy she knows the pain is bad and says " let's go" and we go. She just says "it's time for Ron to go". I really think your daughter will do the same also as my daughter does. My daughter raised her children to know that Grampas hands and feet hurt and loud noises and fast running bother him. What a blessing vrae that is , my son did the same also.
Your (our) condition is so miserable and seems so unfair until we go to a rehab hospital for a month as I did twice and see others with different injuries that cause chronic pain. It sure made me think twice over and let me see that I am blessed with my family and two feet that hurt like well, really bad but, I can walk on them.
I am surely not trying to diminish your pain and suffering at all vrae because I have had mine for almost 20 years but, look and dwell on all the blessings you have, your husband, children, those little kids that love your husband so much and will "NEVER" step on your foot again. This support group and how much you share here and help others with your years of experience. You must think positive or the pain will get you down because pain is negative 24/7 . Look for that silver lining in every cloud. You are a silver lining for us vrae. Hugs and prayers for a tolerable level of pain , I am pleased to read your posts.
krow46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lottie (04-02-2014), PamelaJune (04-01-2014), Vrae (04-01-2014)