View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Newly Diagnosed, Clinical Only

Hello all. I've spent the last 8 yrs searching for a dx. I suffered a head injury at that time and in less than 2 weeks I started having dbl vision. My neurologist assumed the cause was my recent head injury and only pursued that option. The frequency increased to the point that I had dbl vision with any kind of physical activity. I was an avid golfer and played 4 to 5 times a week. Before long, in addition to the vision issues, I noticed a marked weakness in my arms and legs; troubling balance and coordination as well. This became such an issue that I finally quit the game a year ago. In addition, I had to quit my participation in a performing dance group. I've gone from dr to dr ( including Mayo) with no satisfaction. Finally, I saw a neuro opthamologist and within 10 minutes he suggested MG. My blood tests have been negative as well as a repetative stimulation test. However, my new neurologist and neuromuscular dr agree that I have MG. Due to my age, 66, and the fact that I don't have ptosis,
I don't fit the usual profile of most MG patients. Maybe this is why a MG dx was overlooked for so many years. I'm so excited to have found this forum, the support and sharing of experiences will be invaluable.
Maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote