View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow The article as far as CMT goes....

I checked with someone who knows more than I do about CMT. The person advised me that the article is interesting and said that I could quote what the person said. They mention the Po mutation, which is linked to CMT1B and CMTD13. It may turn into some serious help for those affected by those subtypes...and maybe more.

The person said that I was right in that it won't be any serious help next month, but they will add to a step forward, hopefully in the right direction. More testing on mice, the "newer" version that is human safe needs full testing, then the clinical trials will start...and if there is any indication of problems, they start over from scratch.

One issue that ticked the person off, and me as well, is all the 'mis-information' that they give out in such 'reports'...CMT not affecting longevity..but it DOES in rare cases. CMT is due to myelin issues...in type 1 it is...but not all sub-types.

Hope this clears some of it up as far as CMT goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote