View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's how my boyfriend is...he can definitely see it in my eyes when the pain flares up.

I actually find that the walker is pretty well received by strangers. I guess because they think why would I use it if I didn't need it? What I also like about it is that it's a seat (it's the kind with 4 wheels and seat) and it has a basket to carry things too. I find it takes a lot more weight off my bad leg than the cane does. I like always having a seat with me so that no matter where I am or what I am doing, I can sit if I have to. I've also been know to sort of kneel my bad leg onto the walker if I am standing still so there's no weight on it at all...all is on my good leg...but it's comfortable because I have something to "set" the bad leg on so it's not just hanging there.

I also use the walker for balance...mine is terrible. I just fall...completely out of no where I just fall to one side and end up on the ground. That's scary...but the walker has been great and I haven't taken a tumble while using it. If I feel like I'm starting to tip I hit the breaks and either wait until I am steady or sit down on the seat. That walker is really the best thing I have gotten since this darn thing decided to spread to most of my body. I literally could not function "normally" without it.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote