View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Perhaps I made it sound slightly different than it actually was. My daughter and I talked, and we cried. She and I are very close. She is a bit older so I can talk pretty openly with her. She knows what a toll this is and has taken. As great an actress as I would like to be, there’s just no living with me and not seeing what’s going on. She just had a rare moment of crying about it to me. I tried to fake it, but I truly suck at that. I mean I try to be strong and all, but at the end of the day what you see is what you get with me. You never have to second guess where I am at with things. I guess I should have elaborated a bit on this.

I have been on a bit of a pity party about how painful my entire body has felt, and not being able to use my upper body much. Not being able to use the lower half much was bad enough. This coupled with her coming to me and crying and a few other life things going on… there are just days when it all seems to be a little much.

Krow46.. even if it was meant for Nanc, what you say is true. I have many blessings and I need to take solace in those.

Thanks guys/gals!
Vrae, it is wonderful that you have such a great, open relationship with your daughter. I am sure she appreciates your being honest with her about what is really going on with you. It will make her feel more adult and even closer to you. I am sure it was hard on you to see her upset about what you are going thru. I know when I was younger, I would get mad if my parents hid stuff like issues with their health from me, In fact, I still do!

Side note - I know your dr is discussing sympathetic blocks with you, did you guys specifically discuss stellate ganglion blocks? They might really help your upper body. They did wonders for me a long time ago.

I hope you are doing a little better. I have been having a bit of a pity party myself. Met with a paint contractor this afternoon (looking for someone to paint our house inside) and while talking I had one of my pain attacks in the side of my head. It was awful and brought tears to my eyes. I was embarrased even though it was nothing I could stop from happening. It is like a hot ice pik stabbing me in my head. I had already told him about my RSD. He was kind, asked if he could do anything for me. I am just so fed up right now...

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (04-01-2014)