View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Thanks Kim and Nanc!

We do have a very close relationship and I am grateful for that. Oh Nanc I am so sorry hon. That just sounds terrible what is going on with your head… yikes. (((Big hugs))) I hope that settles down soon. That worries me too as my neck is clearly getting more involved (stiff & painful) and my face had some red cheeks this week, etc. <sigh> Again, I am hope that pain will subside quickly Nanc!

Okay, Doctor stuff..

I go see the neuro doc in the morning. And I go back to the PM doc on April 14th. So far we’ve done 1 Sympathetic Block and I responded well in that my limbs warmed up and EVREYTHING from the waist up gone! Limb warmth lasted about 30 hrs and upper body about a week. Lower body gave me grief from the first one with spasms in my legs and hips.

The second procedure was the Facet Injections / Medial Branch Block. This was for diagnostic only for my lower back. See my lower back got angry with the Sympathetic Block. It wasn’t acting like it would hold up to weeks of injections and is also contributing to the CRPS pain / dilemma.

I responded positively. Therefore they wanted to do RFA. I declined. So now what? is basically my question now. And by the way doc, this upper body stuff is getting intense and is coming on stronger now. Does that have something to do with the block(s)?
Thanks Vrae! I have been getting those ice pick type headaches for at least a couple of years. Neuro tried botox and it worked very well, only problem is that I broke out in a rash on my neck, chest, arm, within a couple of hours and this would take 3 months to wear off. Sucks...something finally helped and of course I was allergic. I go thru periods where they are very frequent and unbearable, they have eased up for a while so I guess it is time for them to start up again. Very frustrating and one of the reasons I do not drive...last time I tried one of them hit me, not good! I had a CTA, no anyerisms or anything like that. Dr says it is RSD related.

Regarding the blocks...I am not sure about the blocks causing the stuff to come on more intense or not. That didn't happen with me, but maybe some others have experienced that?? Where was your sympathetic block? I hate that it caused your back to be more aggravated. I had many stellate ganglion blocks for the upper body, cervical blocks for my neck and shoulder, many lumbar blocks
and he wanted to do the RFA but changed his mind. The two diagnostic blocks were successful and we were set to do the RFA. Dr was afraid of causing RSD in my back so he just injected steroids. I probably already told you this, sorry if I am repeating myself. I do not blame you for not getting that done, very risky.

Keep us posted on your dr appointments, good luck!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-02-2014), Vrae (04-02-2014)