View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey girls

It's like a giant set of weighing scales isn't it... The Pain v Treatment. Or a heavyweight boxing match on some days.

With something as touchy and pervasive a monster as CRPS, any treatment carries risk with it, from pills to injections to surgery to physio. The eternal question is whether sttempting to stand still where you are with it is safer than trying a treatment. We have times when we can stand still, and feel like we have some control over our situation. At other times, standing just doesn't work, the monster attacks and you have to try running away from it instead, just to try and find some relief and a safe place to stand still again without it eating us alive. The sad scary part is that no one seems to quite have a cage to fit it

Vrae, all you can do is try. You've given the blocks a go, all power to you girl, scary decision. It worked, then it didn't. That's mean, and I have immense admiration that you've picked yourself up from that. Maybe you will try something else, but I'd it doesn't feel right to you then you are bang on the money NOT to do it. At the end of the day, instinct is all we have to go on, and if yours is saying 'not yet' then you are right to listen.

What a rambling load of piffling waffle lol. It's very early here and my chicken has just spent the last half hour squawking as though being stabbed repeatedly in the bum with a fork. Always a sign that it's time to start shutting them in again as the mornings get lighter! Im very impressed by our neighbours' ability to cope. I wanted to scream an obscenity out of the window myself, and she's my damn chicken!!!

My goodness I want a cup of tea.

Hang in there Vrae, Nanc, Kim, everyone. At least we aren't alone dealing with this, and that always gives me comfort. I hope today is better for everyone.

Bram x

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-02-2014), Nanc (04-02-2014), Vrae (04-02-2014)