View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Ditto on the balance Catra and Lynn. Reminds me of the odd day in my youth when I really did have a skinful and could barely stand. When you go, you just go. It's really weird and unsettling.

I've been fairly lucky in that our house is quite small, and there's usually a wall or a bit of furniture to clutch when it happens. If I do go out, I usually have someone with me now, and if I lurch they can catch my arm. I often wonder what people think!

Catra, the walker sounds like a great plan, and if I'm honest it would solve a lot of going out issues for me. But just yet I can't bring myself to do it. Ours is a small town and everyone talks and comments, particularly the older folk, who can be very judgemental and cruel. I know it's daft, I mean I used a wheelchair for over a year. I suppose I've associated a walker with old people, and I know that's unfair and stupid of me. I know better about these things now...

Maybe it's time. It would give me more freedom, and that's what it's all about.

Thanks for the discussion. As always, I learn such a lot from everyone here.

Bram.
you and I both, I have thought about it several times but I just don't feel that bad yet, even with all my issues i walk relatively fast sort of ... I guess not Dave my fiancee is correcting me over my shoulder. I had seen one of these and thought long about it but I had worries about putting pressure on it that way so i tried to just stand like that with my knee on a bench... it might help some but not really.
http://www.medline.com/product/Gener...6#.UzvRDVdGmpo

Last edited by Llynnyia; 04-02-2014 at 04:00 AM. Reason: more info..
Llynnyia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote