View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dad and I are working on a "vegie" enclosure for some of my plantings. (One really high raised bed/ several shorter ones. For those who have been to Beans Acres...it is located behind the chicken coup. We had a little deer damage this spring on fruit trees...usually when I spot deer, there are about 7 traveling together...which can do quite a bit of damage. I transplanted 48 tame blackberry starts to the low garden from a neighbor, whose plants had tip rooted. We won't have but maybe a few this year...but, next year...we can all go berry pickin' together! Most of my strawberries seem to have frozen out this winter...working on getting a new patch of them started also. Fruit, when picked and eaten on the spot is so full of nutrition. I have had friends with PD come walk and graze with me and say in about 10 minutes...you know I feel better all of the sudden. It truly is amazing what fresh picked , organics can do for us. I have my first nasty sunburn of the year. Out all day Monday in a tank top...it was beautiful/ got a lot done/ got a little "crispy" too. This too shall pass. Have a great day...get some sun, but start a bit slower at it than "bad girl Aunt Bean".
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote