View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default kpRN :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpRN View Post
I left my home town of van Wert, OH on 1/7 /13. Stayed with a friend the first night in Indianapolis. Got up on the 8th and drove to Joplin, Missouri before getting a room at a LaQuinta. Woke up on the 9th and drove as far as
Tucumcari New Mexico. I stayed in a LaQuinta here too. On the 10th I made it to Kingman, Az. Where I stayed in a Marriott. By 4pm on the 11th I arrived in Santa Ana, CA and got the best hug from my baby brother. I had one "faux paus" driving and hit some "iffy" weather at times but I was so proud of myself. Day 2 woke up and wondered what in the heck had I done?! With so many miles down, it was too late to turn back now!! So it was time to motor on wearing my "big girl panties." I drove as far north as Napa and as far south as Bisbee, Az. I pulled back into my driveway at home on March 19th, I realized that I had traveled 8700 miles, depending only on myself and the greatest pilot ever........our almighty father. My son flew out to ride home with me. Some bonding time. We left for home on the 3/16 and arrived home on the 19th. 8700 miles.....Alone!! It was awesome.
Girl I don't care if it was this year or last year !! Way to go....what courage

What did you decide about your marriage ?

When I was 10 and my dad was in the Air Force we drove from Alaska to Florida....sure wish I had been older so I would have enjoyed it more !

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote