View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
You mentioned a cpap prescription; are you using one?
No. I've used it for up to a few weeks at a time over the last year or two. Once I get settled fiddling with the humidity and temperature business so it's not producing an uncomfortable environment, I still can't get through many consecutive nights without taking it off in my sleep. I have yet to wake up after a night of solid use and feel any better than any other day. So I'm not very motivated to keep fighting with it every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I'm not crazy about using ibuprofen more than occasionally due to the possibility/risk of cardiovascular, gastro-intestinal, & renal damage. It can also cause (albeit less likely than some meds) medication rebound headaches; has that been mentioned/discussed/eliminated?
I've considered it. I don't take Ibuprofen on a daily or even a weekly basis. Usually I know my morning headaches will fade after a while so I get up, make a cup of coffee, and rest upright for a while before I get going. When my neck is really sore, I'll take 400-800mg, depending on how sore it is, on my neurologists recommendation.

The past 10 days or so have been out of the norm because I've been sick. I had a bad cold last week, which lead to a lot of time on the couch and a bit of vomiting that seemed headache related. I've had more varied cold medicine rather than an uptick in ibuprofen usage though. I've had sore cheekbones in the morning most days this week. I had my dentist check me out yesterday and he didn't find anything so I'm pretty sure it's a sinus infection and hopefully will pass soon.
btmspox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote