View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Horrible hospital stay

I would have to be close to death to go to the hospital again. I was extremely sick and went to the hospital last year and it was a horrific experience. Meds not given on time.... like a couple hours late. Then I was taken to get some gastric tests done, and told the nurse I would have to have my meds brought to me. Well, you'd think I'd asked her for her first born!!! She not only had a huge attitude but shared my unreasonable request in the hallway for all to hear!!!
I spent a week in the hospital. No one cared that I didn't eat the food brought to me. No one noted that I was unable to have a bowel movement. I finally in sheer survival mode asked to go home and was released. What if I had been a little sicker and unable to complain????
In comparison, I went later last year to another hospital to have DBS and received outstanding care. I did have my kit with me to let everyone know about my needs. My nurse took a great interest in the kit and the specific needs of PWP and turned it into a learning experience. I really recommend the kit!!!!!
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-06-2014)