View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Not in my case. While I have numbness, it's not complete numbness like feet falling asleep, and it comes with increased sensitivity to pain & cold, which doesn't make logical sense until we realize that damaged nerves transmit damaged signals/sensations.

Doubtful IMO.

Very strange sums up neuropathy sensations in general. Many of us get "folded sock" sensation. In the beginning I had the sensation of something being bunched up under my toes. Reading this group I've seen all sorts of strange symptoms. When The Dead wrote/sang Truckin', were they really talking about PN?

"...What a loooooong, strange trip it's been."

Doc
So, is the folded sock feeling the beginning of numbness? It is a great analogy, it feels exactly like that. I have the sensation in my hands now too, you can't close hands into a fist, it feels like they are swollen on the inside of the fingers and toes, but they look normal. I have been getting the "folding sock" for about a year now, how long did it take to progress to the next stage for you? I realize that everyone's symptoms progress differently, mine has been progressing quite slowly for almost 30 years... I guess the next step is progression to the calf muscles and knees, this has been maybe the last 4 months...
Jon_sparky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote