View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too, failed to intro myself here. I am Beth and have been dxd with MS for (I can't believe) 10 years now.

Moved out here from OH in 2005. Love, love love it here! I don't work, but had most excellent PT job back in OH. I hated to give it up, but SO lived here and so I followed.

It was a great move. I had lived with family since dxd and they had babied me so much, that I did nothing for myself. My laundry basket was taken up and down stairs. Groceries were carried in for me. Nothing was expected of me such as helping clean or cook.

Since coming out here, I've had to do it all and learn to drive a stick shift too. Whoa! that has been the greatest challenge. I have weakness on my left side and my hands (palms) are so hyper sensitive that touching/holding is so painful. I've not found anything to relieve pain, and not make me so sleepy that I can't function.

I have been reading and posting all month and so enjoy this group. I too live for chocolate and did the dreaded roids 4 times in '06. Found an easy baked custard recipe and ate more then my share.

So weight is an issue. I had planned to start a walking program, but fell, sprained my ankle and rolled over a 3foot retaining wall to the grass below. Walking is going well, but wearing a brace and in pain.

I hope to get to know you all better and keep on keepin on.
Beth
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote