View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_sparky View Post
So, is the folded sock feeling the beginning of numbness? It is a great analogy, it feels exactly like that.
FWIW, I didn't coin "folded sock"; I first heard/read it here from another member, and I wouldn't characterize it as the beginning of anything (as can be seen by accounts of others). I would say the "beginning"—for me—was edema in my feet and ankles (2009). I had that for about a year, and then began what felt like bunched up tissue under my toes. I didn't experience the "folded sock" sensation until the past year or two.

Quote:
I have been getting the "folding sock" for about a year now, how long did it take to progress to the next stage for you? I realize that everyone's symptoms progress differently, mine has been progressing quite slowly for almost 30 years... I guess the next step is progression to the calf muscles and knees, this has been maybe the last 4 months...
What's the "next stage"? During the interim (~2010 to present) I've had tingling, electric shocks, needle jabs, burning pain, cramping, aching, buzzing, semi-numbness, increased sensitivity to pain & cold, loss of leg hair, and the ubiquitous all-around discomfort; trying to find—unsuccessfully—comfortable positions. Some of this has gone partway up my calves, but so far—thankfully—no further.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (04-04-2014)