View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, Ddbbie fom GA , and Susanne C., I'm glad to see I didn't talk to much in earlier message. I don't get out and about like I used to. And it seems I can get carried away with messages more-so now, than ever before. I had made a list of pain meds to ask my VA doctor about? He's been good about calling me when I call the hospital and ask to have him call me. Appointments are far and few between. In last phone call and asking about other pain pills he explains the VA pharmacy does not carry them and this is why I can only get. The morphine and Percosets, because this is the strongest the VA pharmacy stocks. Anything different and or stronger will have to come from an "outside" pharmacy. He tried to put me for other meds, but this was disapproved. And he also put in a request for the VA to pay for me to see an "outside" pain doctor. And the powers to be also disapproved this. One of the meds I hope someone will let me try is LEVORPHANOL. Wikipedia says its more useful for Neuropothic Pain. Anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm about to believe, due to so many years of the VAs same pain pills, I must be what they call opied tollerant. OK enough from me for now.

But short note on visit to lawyer today for help on SSDisability. Next step is a Review. After that, some 12 to 13 months later is the Hearing before a Judge. This guy today says they mainly get everything ready for the Hearing because in NC about all Reviews are denied. He said several times he is surprised i was denied because of all the medical proof. The denial letter makes a unique point of saying there is a lack of evidence to show my ability to work in some other fidld nof work, and therefore I'm not disabled according to their regulations. To me, in other words, they acknowledge all medical problems. But lack proof I cannot work in some other profdssion. Told this lawyer I feel there should be a doctor report that summerizes all my problems and relates this to my inability to work at all, let aloneretrain for something different. He agreed. And is sending forms fordoctors to answer that would normally be presented at the Hearing, but is going to have these orms added for the Review in 2 to 3 months. So, wish me luck (and more importantly, Prayers Please. Than you.)
eddie27970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (04-04-2014), Susanne C. (04-03-2014)