View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
If you don't go away from a plug in and don't need to use a battery ever, I would just take the battery out and use plug in only.

Why spend money on a new/replacement battery if you never are going to use it?

They do just fade out and finally stop charging totally - probably what happened with yours.

Okay, here's what just happened. I went on the net and learned how to remove the battery. I did. I then replugged in the laptop, all systems go. On the bottom where it indicates battery life there is a big x which indicates "No battery is detected"

I now have a battery sitting beside me on my couch.

I looked up the battery info online and found this.

http://www.atbatt.com/li-ion-replace...FUNo7Aodtl8A8g

All I need to know is "Do I need to purchase a replacement battery".

It's not that expensive and I gather I can either go to the computer guy and buy it from him, or if it's cheaper, get it from the website that I just provided.

Does a laptop need to have a battery in the battery compartment or can I just continue to use this (like I would use a desktop?)

and here's anothr good question. My adaptor that plugs in from the laptop to the electrical outlet works just fine. It's lit up, my laptop is on (obviously because I'm on this site right now.

So essentially I just need to know if I can watch my videos when I want, and then when I go to bed at night, I just shut this thing off, unplug it and in the morning or whenever just plug it back in, turn it back on and I'm good to go?

Is this the plan? Or would you recommend me replacing the battery?

AND THANKS!!!

Melody

Oh, one more question. I read where if you take out the battery and clean the contacts and put it back in, it might charge up again. Do you think this is do-able???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote