View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
Tessa,

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this exciting process...and prospect for future CRPS treatment...for following through on this treatment! I had a temporary(placed in thoracic spine) years ago when it was being experimented with and it worked like a charm for 2 months for my severe CRPS- in my arms. I had surgery that temporarily "cured" me so that "I could get back on the road". I had better time afterwards and didn't pursue it again til now. I'm also in the severe category of causalgia, now arms worse than legs. However, I also have DDD and spinal stenosis at several levels to compound the issue. At this point I have been offered a pump in addition to a stimulator, but they want me to try the stimulator first... I don't think my CRPS can handle it in my upper body, so I'm going slowwww. I'm thin and I have a plate from an ACDF cervical fusion. I vibrate already...

So I have choices and am following your journey with hope and prayers that you rock with this.. that you heal into a more pain free existence. I admire your strength and courage!!

May you be well!! We all want for your success!!

Hana
Hana,

Forgive me, but I didn't understand if you had a temporary epidural or something else in your thoracic spine? I'm curious if you wouldn't mind clarifying? Sorry it didn't last longer for you but glad you had at least a period of relief.

I don't know if you have read some of my other posts but I also have an SCS implanted for almost a year. It has been amazing for me.. just not enough especially since it has spread from legs where the SCS provides stimulation to both arms and to my bladder. I still have it running 24/7 and still grateful that it is working to at least some degree. Its not any different that how meds work .. offering some relief but just not enough for it to work on its own with out further intervention of one type or another. If you have questions about the SCS feel free to send me a PM.

This epidural is amazing!! I feel incredible.. not only because of reduced pain but even better is that this is not causing me to have all the side effects that I had with taking so many pills. I'm only slightly groggy which could be from boredom or from the baclofen that I am still taking orally but, so much better than the daily vomiting, itchiness, groggy feeling etc., that I we all suffer from all the pills that barely work!!

So glad this is giving others hope! We all need that and I believe 100% that this is way under utilized for treating CRPS and can be used in conjunction with additional injections/blocks etc.,

I didn't get out today like I had planned so I was a little bummed out earlier today so please forgive the delayed response.

Wishing you the best,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-20-2014), Hana (04-04-2014)