View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No Llynnyia I have never tried that heated knee pad.

I would however like to address your question about Gabapentin. I have been on it for a long time and had no side effects at all but that is me. We are all different in our metabolisms. I take 1800mg a day now 3- 600mg tabs . When I got off the methadone I doubled the Gabapentin to see if it would assist in the absence of the narcotic for the pain. Taking 3600mg of Gab----- a day did absolutely nothing to help the pain. I still take the 1800 mg a day though and they added new medication one yesterday. I now take 10 different meds a day.

Whatever you do, consult your doctor with any changes before you react with meds is my advice Llynnyia. I hate to say it but you can't prove the gab---------- caused the swelling until you take it again. I had to do that with Niacin. My face and neck turned bright red and wicked hot and we thought it was the Niacin. I walked over to my meds one night and grabbed one. My wife asked " what are you going to do"? I said "take one and find out for sure " She didn't think that was a good idea. As soon as that pill stopped going down my face started turning red . There we were....proof !! Before that we were only guessing.

Don't stop until you see or call your doctor and or make sure it was the medicine that caused the swelling . I wish you the best Llynnyia and hope your discomfort is more bearable. Smiles and hugs.
krow46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote