View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Hana,

Forgive me, but I didn't understand if you had a temporary epidural or something else in your thoracic spine? I'm curious if you wouldn't mind clarifying? Sorry it didn't last longer for you but glad you had at least a period of relief.

I don't know if you have read some of my other posts but I also have an SCS implanted for almost a year. It has been amazing for me.. just not enough especially since it has spread from legs where the SCS provides stimulation to both arms and to my bladder. I still have it running 24/7 and still grateful that it is working to at least some degree. Its not any different that how meds work .. offering some relief but just not enough for it to work on its own with out further intervention of one type or another. If you have questions about the SCS feel free to send me a PM.

This epidural is amazing!! I feel incredible.. not only because of reduced pain but even better is that this is not causing me to have all the side effects that I had with taking so many pills. I'm only slightly groggy which could be from boredom or from the baclofen that I am still taking orally but, so much better than the daily vomiting, itchiness, groggy feeling etc., that I we all suffer from all the pills that barely work!!

So glad this is giving others hope! We all need that and I believe 100% that this is way under utilized for treating CRPS and can be used in conjunction with additional injections/blocks etc.,

I didn't get out today like I had planned so I was a little bummed out earlier today so please forgive the delayed response.

Wishing you the best,
Tessa
Sorry Tessa that you haven't been able to flee the scene yet, but perhaps a higher power needs to sit on you for another day?
AND Congratulations on the success!!

I too shared that experience of success with the pump, and it was utterly the best !!.
Mine was implanted for the sake of an extensive surgery that I needed. If I was "cured" by the surgery then I shouldn't need it going forward...? I had no brachioplexus left from the multitudes of surgeries including sympathectomies and rib resection in my chest shoulder and arm. Part of the surgery was exploratory part sympathectomy and more clean out...my case was complicated. The drip would not be enough, no pain patches on the mkt yet, and I had no ganglions left to block..
It was put in a week before the surgery, tuned in the hospital and i went home in bliss before my surgery.. In fact, I felt that I shouldn't need surgery at all. Unfortunately it fell out the night before surgery, and during the surgery they forgot to replace it. I woke up in the worst pain I could EVER imagine and it took two days again before I could be calm enough to put it back, then the relief was beyond amazing.
It was only for the sake of the surgery that they did it, because each surgery was looked at as it were a cure. haha.. I raced out of the easiest recovery i can remember. I got up tenderly but without anything excruciating. No nausea, vomiting, bad pain constipation ...et al. I barely needed oral meds for anything, only worst break through. I raced up and down those halls.. just itching to fly.. ....I'm with you on the absence of all of those horrible side effects!!!

I cant imagine having a stimulator and then getting more RSD .... Definitely praying for this to not do that to you, and that you have no new side- effects. What the doc has told me now is that the risk of it being put up so high T2-3 is risk to breathing if there is complication.. so that is my consideration,
I am definitely interested in your stimulator experience also in regard to this, and would like to PM you, thanks. I'm a little slow from a TBI so please bear with me all. I was once a fluid writer. 2 working fingers and a TBI with a non-multitasking ability changed all. So, I can't take anything for granted!!!! Life is a good ***** (or beach)...if you don't mind my saying. Sorry the long.... post.
I will post my own thread with greater response, eventually, but I am slow.

Now Tessa. Please go forth gently until it all cements. And then fly girl fly. We are so happy for you this great opportunity.

And all, pray you can rest and heal, finding relief from your pain..

Hana

Last edited by Hana; 04-04-2014 at 11:11 AM. Reason: oops moment
Hana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-20-2014), zookester (04-04-2014)