View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
Welcome to the group. Most MG'ers find diagnosis a very long process, unfortunately. What sort of treatment plan have they started you on? I am double sero-negative diagnosed by single fiber EMG. I am on 20mg of prednisone, 2000 cellcept and about 660 of mestinon a day and pretty stable.

Hope all is well
kathie
Hi. My symptoms started to accelerate last August to the point that I couldn't walk without a cane or assistance. I could barely talk and swallowing became an issue. In mid November, I was admitted to the hospital with small bowel obstruction. Upon admission, I informed my dr's that I had a tentative dx of MG.
They rolled their eyes. During surgery, I quit breathing and they became instant believers! They started me on mestinon , 60mg 3xdaily. 30mg prednisone and 1 round of IVIG. Over the past few months, meds have been reduced to mestinon, 60mg 3xdaily. My neuromuscular dr wants me to try mestinon timespan feeling I'll do better. Also, he wants me to resume prednisone, but just 10mg daily to start.
Mestinon has addressed a few of my symptoms but not all.
I still have a problem with dbl vision with phys activity. Talking and swallowing are still an issue, however, I do better immediately after taking med.
Just today I've developed cramping and a stabbing pain in my left hand.
I HATE MG and the dr tells me I have a mild case. I can't imagine how others cope that have serious MG
Thanks so much for responding and sharing,
Jan
Maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-07-2014), southblues (04-04-2014)