View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advancing age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
You and I have much in common. I have been dx'd (clinically...tests all neg) for roughly 5 years. It all began when I couldn't control my golf swing after 14 holes or so. Long time getting a dx....but Mestinon works very well for me.

I still play golf - but not as many times per week - and I never know if it will be 7 or 12 holes before my arms start to let me down. It can be frustrating ... but I am really lucky compared to so many others on this site.

I guess I just wanted you to know that there are some MG'ers who can still do a lot of physical activities - but not for as long or as well as they used to. (of course I always blame the MG - advancing age couldn't be a factor, could it?)
Hi, thanks so much for your response.
Yesterday, after a 15 month hiatus, I played golf (just 11 holes). I've lost at least 30 to 40 yards on drives and fairway shots, due to muscle weakness I'm sure. However, I got off the first tee, which, as you know, is every golfers nightmare. Haha. As for advancing age, I played with an 84 year old woman friend and she shot a 46 on the front nine (a regulation course). Needless to say, she's my hero! I plan to rejoin the women's club and re establish my handicap. I'm determined not to let MG win.
Again, thanks for your response and I hope you're doing well.
Jan
Maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (04-07-2014), suev (04-06-2014)