View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
Sorry Tessa that you haven't been able to flee the scene yet, but perhaps a higher power needs to sit on you for another day?
AND Congratulations on the success!!

I cant imagine having a stimulator and then getting more RSD .... Definitely praying for this to not do that to you, and that you have no new side- effects. What the doc has told me now is that the risk of it being put up so high T2-3 is risk to breathing if there is complication.. so that is my consideration,
I am definitely interested in your stimulator experience also in regard to this, and would like to PM you, thanks. I'm a little slow from a TBI so please bear with me all. I was once a fluid writer. 2 working fingers and a TBI with a non-multitasking ability changed all. So, I can't take anything for granted!!!! Life is a good ***** (or beach)...if you don't mind my saying. Sorry the long.... post.
I will post my own thread with greater response, eventually, but I am slow.

Now Tessa. Please go forth gently until it all cements. And then fly girl fly. We are so happy for you this great opportunity.

And all, pray you can rest and heal, finding relief from your pain..

Hana
Thanks Hana!! I'm hoping to be set free within a few hours. Getting ready to pack up the laptop (hopefully that won't jinx me - haha) etc., so I am ready to hit the ground running.

I just wanted to clarify in case I mislead you or anyone else with my post about the SCS. I did not have spread from the SCS at all. The spread I had to my opposite leg and arms started before the SCS was placed and just continued to get worse with time. The SCS actually works better on the areas of spread for pain relief than it does for me at the original site of CRPS II. Also - I have extensive nerve damage that caused the CRPS II and it is in an area that is constantly being aggravated which is in part why things have spread so rapidly.

For this procedure it does not involve a 'pump'. It is actually an epidural that when the permanent one is placed will be tunneled under the skin from the spinal canal and then over my ribs there will be a port for where the medication bag will attach to.

I sure hope you are able to get some relief - you've been through so much!! Stay strong
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote