View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Thank you so much everyone! It is lovely to have such support. Vrae, Nanc and Bram, it is so kind of you to post research for me. It is so difficult to research anything with a migraine with aura so it was really helpful.

I don't think I have had one single migraine for the entire two weeks; rather, I think I have been having back-to-back migraines. I think I started a new migraine today because the pain wasn't quite as bad but the aura symptoms were awful.

The doctor gave me Propanolol to try to break the cycle of migraines. It is a beta-blocker and is supposed to inhibit vasodilation. Once we get this cycle broken, he wants to talk about getting me back on the Pizotifen, which worked well for me previously (you know, before I stopped taking it).

I really hope this works because, Bram, you are so right - I am completely exhausted. I have gone to work every day (Mon-Fri) through this whole episode so far. I'm not saying I have been terribly productive but I have done my best and I have stayed late to make up for my lack of productivity during the day. Honestly, I am so completely worn out that I just want to sleep all weekend. Of course, we know that isn't possible no matter how tired I am. My cripsy bits are acting up something fierce. It's like my arm is saying sure, you're head hurts but don't forget your arm is on FIRE and in a vice and being stabbed repeatedly, and on and on. You all know the list of fun sensations.

Wow! I am just super-whingey today. Sorry about that. I also hope this post makes sense. The aura symptoms are strong today. So, so foggy and confused.

Did I mention how much all of your support means to me? You are all amazing and your support is priceless!

KimA
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (04-04-2014), Nanc (04-04-2014), PamelaJune (04-07-2014)