View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scheduled this summer to try Botox

I am scheduled to try Botox injections this summer. My neurologist told me they would be 3 months apart and if by 2 series of injections you have not seen improvement it will not work for you.

He says there is alot of good research for botox for migraines but as of yet there is no conclusive research for botox for pcs. He thought it was worth a try since the only other thing he could off is Topomax but the side effect for Topomax is kidney stones and I have a history of kidney stones so this is not an option for me.

Do you think that since you were experience less pain that you increased your activity too much. The hardest thing for me to figure out about new treatments is whether you are on the same playing field. Life has a lot of ups and downs and it may not be the medication but stress, infection or some other complication.

I would say you have to try it longer to see. I have not talked to anyone with pcs who has had the botox injections.

Good luck.
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote