Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update Time:

Its been 3 weeks so I wanted to make sure I posted something so I can continue to track my progress, especially with rapid changes occurring in regards to my symptoms.

First thing is first. After pleading with my Neurologist to try Gabapentin since the Nortriptyline wasn't giving me relief, he agreed and I started at 300mg x3 per day. Ten days later I contacted my doctor and told him I was going downhill fast with pain he told me to up my dose to 600mg x3 per day which is where I have been the past 3 days.

As far as symptoms go, things are changing, waxing, and waning. Off the top of my head i recalled this all started with deep aches in my heels and arches with burning on the top of my. The arch pain is mostly gone, the heel pain has subsided a little, and the burning has turned to more of a freezing sensation. My feet feel really cold at times stimulated by things such as socks of all things. The things is my feet aren't cold to the touch. The skin on my foot soles has become increasingly hypersensitive at times as if they have been rug burned. Shoes and socks have become unbearable as a result, and being barefoot feels best. The toes on my right foot have become sore and feels like I'm walking on shards of glass at times. Thats fun. Also the rubbing of pressure points of my shoes are real bothersome to my right foot.

I have a Nerve Conduction Study in 2 weeks. Depending on how that goes all request further blood testing since my neurologist seems to think we've hit all the important ones. (wrong) I guess at this point I'm still leaning towards a toxic or autoimmune cause although based on my symptoms and progression there are no specific causes that jump out. I still won't rule out alcohol even with the abnormal progression, but it's the only other thing that I can attribute the neuropathy to.

I bought an exercise bike to get the blood flowing since walking more than a few minutes at a times is out of the question. I deeply hope that the change in symptoms is a good sign, because it's extremely scary and overwhelming when a new symptom pops up. I'm doing what I can to turn this around, I can only hope for the best at this point.

-Left foot symptoms 131 days
-Right foot symptoms 84 days
-Days on Nortryptiline 59 days (30mg)
-Days on Supplements 53 days
-Days on Gapapentin 13 days (600x3)
-Days sober 36
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandylyn (05-26-2014)