View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rep called and I've added in some fluff to clear my mind...

Well he followed through, he called on Thursday and increased it from level 4 to level 6. No real difference and hip referred pain increasing every day. I often say pain is sneaky, if you block it off somewhere it shifts somewhere nearby. I'm sure it's the bodies way of telling me, yes you may have blocked it there but actually there is something wrong and I'm trying to get your attention.

I'm not giving in to it, I'm braving the crowds again and going to the football. It's our big man Coxy 276 game and he will pass the previous record holder Jacko. It's a big celebration and I couldn't pass up the offer of premium reserved seating. We will be in the shade, row S and be out of the way of most of the crowd. For my US and UK friends, I'm referring to our Aussie game of AFL, played now in all states but very big in WA, VIC, SA, NT and TAS. NRL big mainly in QLD, NSW & VIC but also played now in all states.

I've been reading threads and posts by others on various forums and as always, I'm moved, so moved by the endurance, strength and tenacity everyone offers up. Pain is clearly still misunderstood by friends and family, even I'm sorry to say by those who practice in the field of pain management.

I'm infuriated by the constant inference it's "in our mind" it is real, raw and agonisingly painful. I encountered the suggestion last week when my cruel sister in law wrote "I hope you get the empathy you so desperately crave" she then went on to say she has "drawn inspiration from cancer sufferers near to her" and she would have "more respect for me if I did something meaningful with my life rather than moan about it". I'm so tempted to write back, but I haven't and I won't, because if I did, I would write, I'm pleased to hear you are inspired by those cancer sufferers near to you, in my efforts to be meaningful I've trained for and completed 50 mile bike rides, 10 mile marathons and many, many raffle ticket selling events even standing on a bar top on one occasion for 30 minutes. I have personally raised over $12000 for charity and made every effort to keep my body fit and healthy. So, I'm pleased you are inspired because completing bike rides and running events or even participating in charity fund raising events will give you a healthier outlook both mentally and physically and you truly could do with losing that extra 30 kilos you have been toting around for the last 23 years and the pettiness you persist in engaging in. Please go away and leave me alone. Your brother wants nothing to do with you, his choice and I can see why, your negative comments waged by you in your own personal war against me is wasted energy and effort, your efforts to gather other family members against me is wearying, we are not interested in your thoughts and I truly don't need your respect. Go do some physical activity and feel better..... Now you can see why I don't write back.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-05-2014), Hana (04-05-2014), Mark56 (04-05-2014), Rrae (04-22-2014)