View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The tea plant as a tea on its own is know for its healing properties it reduces inflammation and has a high concentration of antioxidants. Other medically unsubstantiated claims made of tea is its ability to increase blood flow, memory retention, lowers bad cholesterol increases, good cholesterol, reducing fevers, diabetes stabilization, may help reduce fatty deposits on the liver and help in the fight against tooth decay. It is also being researched in conjunction to leukemia and its healing or preventative properties. High quality tea is found best in specialty shops and online distributors who specialize in handmade tea. Be sure to get the freshest possible good natural tea does not have a long shelf life apx one year.

~Oolong is known as the best 'medicinal' tea. It is also confirmed to help with inflammation.
~ Black tea as confirmed to alleviate some of the side effects of cardiovascular disease.
~pu-erh teas is scientifically confirmed to significantly improve cholesterol.
~white tea increases the blood flow and helps correct bad functioning blood vessels.

all other 'teas' are actually tinctures not tea even though they are commonly called a tea.

~Chamomile is part of the ragweed family and can indeed cause severe reactions in some people. However if you can take it and are having a runny nose it will help cool and dry up the mucus.
~Peppermint is good for digestive issues and heats you up inside and out however it can increase inflammation in some people.
~Spearmint has the same reactions as peppermint with the addition that if drank immediately after a meal it can increase enzymes and cools you helping food digestion.
many tincture mixtures are available both in your grocery store, online and in specialty shops. Some are helpful for a number of things from menstrual cramping to helping you get a good nights sleep.

I know that the social interaction of tea drinking is not only pleasurable it relaxes the mind and body reducing the stress of the tea drinker. For me, I know when I am stressed my RSD tends to flare creating extra pain. Not to mention I tend to be a stress case. So anything that helps with that is a good thing in my view.

I regularly drink a Oolong tea from Chinatown, San Francisco called the blue people it seems to help some with the swelling and inflammation in my leg. Though it does tend to keep me up so I do not advise drinking it late at night.
Llynnyia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (04-05-2014)