View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
The doctor gave me Propanolol to try to break the cycle of migraines. It is a beta-blocker and is supposed to inhibit vasodilation. Once we get this cycle broken, he wants to talk about getting me back on the Pizotifen, which worked well for me previously (you know, before I stopped taking it).
Hey Kim,

So glad that you were able to get into the doctor and sounds like you have a plan to rein this in. Poor thing having to work with the headaches.. ugh! Bad enough with the arm. I do understand the fatigue. I have felt pretty energetic the last couple of days and of course I try to accomplish all that I have been failing to do days prior. My days start pretty darn early and by early afternoon, I'm like a toddler who needs an afternoon nap. I will get crazy tired sitting at my desk. Eyes all rolling and crossing, and head bobbing and I seriously think I may just drop asleep right there. This is beyond a medication issue, although I know that's not helping. This bothers me so much that today I did a quick search about severe fatigue w/ CRPS and I found this http://www.rsds.org/pdfsall/Systemic...ns-of-CRPS.pdf (I've seen it before, just been a while). And on page 3, right hand, right third paragraph:

The severe fatigue suffered by CRPS patients may result in part
from the sickness response circuitry [76]. Other contributing
comorbidities are disruptions of sleep architecture,
hypothyroidism, secondary hypoadrenalism from a
chronic stress response, deconditioning and severe depression.

Anyway, again, so glad that you are on track to perhaps get some relief!

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (04-05-2014)