View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hi Pdk
Can I ask you what kind of symptoms you were having that made you feel sick from the little pill?
Hi Marie,

Pdk only posted here that one time, and has not logged on again since then (2/9/14).

I hope other members may be able to answer your questions.

Quote:
I take 325 mgs Lyrica for 16 mos, I feel it is not helping. .... I would like to go off the lyrica , but I am afraid of the withdrawal, plus I do not know what else I could take for this buzzing, burning and pain.
If Lyrica truly is of no benefit to you, then IMO it might be best for you to discontinue it with the help of your doctor. Folks here will also help you do this in any way we can.

I understand your apprehension about discontinuation syndrome. Despite the fact that it is wider-spread than most doctors are aware of, I believe—from what I have read about it—that most people are able to discontinue it successfully within a reasonable time. We do not hear/read those success stories because those patients have no reason to post to groups like this—they are getting on with their lives.

Unfortunately there are no crystal balls; there is no way to know ahead of time if there will be any problem without trying. Discontinuing—or tapering down—may also help dispel the uncertainty of whether the Lyrica is of any benefit to you or not. Please don't let fear rule you, or get in the way of helping yourself. This group is here to help you with that as well.

Quote:
Pain management doesn't know what to for me either.
This is unfortunate—but true—in some cases. I believe doctors generally mean well, and are sincerely trying to help even though they know that they don't know/have all the answers.

I admire everyone—patients and doctors alike—for not giving up hope and continuing to try to find help for us all.

Best wishes,

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote