View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the link. Just got thru reading it, and several other links that one pointed to. I've currently got a Claim for Benefits pending with the VA. In 1978 I had a motorcycle accident that destroyed my right foot. The first 3 doctors wanted to amputate. I finally got the 3rd one to try and save it. He did. But only the blood vessels hooked up. I was in the Coast Guard, and they Medically Retired me at 30%, meaning I have full retirement benefits as if I'd been in for 20 years (instead of 5 years) and 30% of my base pay.

Jump ahead to year 2000 when the VA stopped making my special custom made shoes, and sent me to "outside providers." For the next 12 years, these outside provider shoes never helped, and instead made it painful to work in. First Sciatica in both legs, bulging discs in back, to eventually all discs in lumbar depleted and arthritis in tail bone closing up around small holes more nerves pass thru. The VA shoes helped a lot. Outside provider shoes messed up way I walk and therefore messed up my back. Messed up back lead to many pinched nerves, which lead to PN in both feet (which, by the way, was about the worse I ever endured last night). The PN started about 4 or 5 years ago. Guys at work used to laugh when I'd stop and take off shoes to dump out sand, that was not in my shoes, but sure felt like it was.

So, again, Thank You. There is information there that I can use.
eddie27970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote