View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great job Icehouse! So happy for you. This is an interesting moment to post this, as I avoided providing an 8 month, 240 day report yesterday because I didn't want to discourage anyone. I have no improvement at all, actually. I do have periods where the PN is less bothersome, and I believe I am getting better, but this soon reverts to baseline or worse, and overall, I am much more numb, tingly, and tired that when I quit drinking completely last August. I was diagnosed Jan. 2013.

So you might think: Why is he posting this? Actually, it is to be encouraging, as odd as that may appear. We need to keep in mind that however well informed this thread is, we are a collection of well meaning anecdotes and no one should necessarily judge their progress or lack of it by others, but rather, take heed and learn what you can and stick to it. I am actually optimistic based on what I know about the reversal of alcoholic PN, and IceHouse has a lot more days sober than me, and I think he is a lot younger, which can't hurt in most cases. I am retiring at the end of this month, and as happy as I am about that, it also causes some stress as it is a major life change and undoubtedly contributes to my tiredness and perhaps aggravates my PN. At least I believe some think stress can do that.

So Go Icehouse!! But if you ain't Icehouse yet, you Go Too!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (04-05-2014), Icehouse (04-05-2014), kidwonder (04-06-2014), Wide-O (04-06-2014)