Thread: No MEDS
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default vent

Alison,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I know you are very passionate about this subject because you have walked the walk.
I really feel for you in the way the medical establishment has jerked you around (and for a tos'er especially that hurts)

I wonder sometimes how your life would have been different if you had a timely diagnosis with your tos. You have had to fight tooth and nail for what should be a right to any person with an illness.

An accurate and timely diagnosis. Compassion and empathy from your physicians. Pain control so you can have some type of quality of life.

Well, if you're like me those 'what if's' can really make you miserable.

I'm happy we have found each other, we can help each other get through the hard times with tos. I'm sure you could teach us all so much in the experiences you have had with doctors, the disability system and living with long term chronic pain.

I am personally very tired of fighting all the time for the things I need to survive with tos. Yes, mr. ER doc I do take a large dose of pain medication but I have a bad problem. Yes, mr ER doc my doctor Ernestina Saxton takes good care of me and I will thank you not to interfere in Dr Saxton's pain management plan for me.

Yes, mr ER doc I am well aware that my dose of Kadian may have added(note the word ADD to not CAUSED) to my problems with asthma and that is why I HAVE ON MY OWN RECOMENDATION REDUCED MY PAIN MEDICATION DOSE BY ALMOST HALF. You act like that is no big deal mrER doc, you look down your nose at me like I'm weak and you are strong. What you don't know mrER doc is that tos'ers are some of the strongest people on earth, to live with tos you have to be.
When you are feeling cr*ppy the last thing I want is to take *&^% from you

take that mrERdoc.

And another thing mrERdoc, I don't appreciate one of your nursing staff treating me with disrespect when I came into your ER unconscious from an asthma attack.
You gave me narcan to reverse the pain medications in my body, then you wonder why I tell you I'm hurting.
My husband said I was hurting and asked for something for pain, and my request was met with my nurse denying my request-not with an explanation but with an accusation that my pain med got me into this problem! Don't diss me especially in front of my daughter and husband.
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote