Thread: Terrible Day...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Terrible Day...

Just feeling the need to vent a little...

I found out a little over a week ago that I am pregnant (about 8 weeks right now). I'm very excited. Last night...I started to get some really bad abdominal pains and chest pains so I left work and went to the ER.

The people at the ER were truly wonderful...I have never in all my trips there had such a completely wonderful team of people take care of me...and I am actually looking forward to getting a survey so I can give them all glowing reviews. They kept me warm, with warm blankets every 30 minutes or so and every single one of them was comforting and trying to make me feel better.

They had me get a chest xray (double shielded by tummy), I got 2 EKGs, LOTS of bloodwork, IV fluids (which means they used both my arms), and I was subjected to a 2+ hour ultrasound where I swear they checked every nook and cranny of my insides. Good news...everything looks great including my little one (who I got to see for the first time on the ultrasound complete with heart beat at about 1:30am). Bad news...I feel like I have been beaten black and blue from the inside out. It was the ultrasound, the IV site, and the blood draw sites that really did me in...the ultrasound was the worst though I think.

Basically they said it's the pregnancy hormones running crazy and causing really bad heartburn (I've NEVER had heartburn that felt like this) or could possibly be a flare up of my RSD due to the stretching and straining that's going on in my abdomen (the bloating is ridiculous...I look huge but I know I'm not showing this early). Fun stuff, huh? They told me I was right to come in though because with this sort of pain...you just don't know and need to get checked out. There were a lot of serious things that it COULD have been...so I'm glad I went in. But goodness...today I really feel like I was beaten up and left for dead in the street...and that's on top of still having the pains I went there with.

So I'm supposed to rest, wear loose clothing, and watch what I eat...then follow up with my OBGYN. Thank goodness I have the weekend off. I'm not moving off this couch for anything besides food if I can help it...

At least I have the peace of mind...knowing everything is A-Okay functionally...and that it's just the pain (as always) that's bothering me.

Thanks for being there for me to get that off my chest...just needed to let it all out...
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (04-05-2014), birchlake (04-05-2014), eevo61 (04-10-2014), Hana (04-10-2014), tos8 (04-07-2014), Vrae (04-05-2014)