View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Shelley, I never had to deal with W/C or appeals for SSDI. I was blessed to have mine approved the first time. The people at the SS office did want me to come in to fill out paperwork and talk to me so I did. They were very kind and helpful. CRPS is listed as a disability that SS I believe acknowledges. I gathered all my medical records from all of my drs, documented all my dr appts and kept a log of my daily struggles with RSD. I also got a SSDI lawyer to help me with the paperwork, because some of it was hard to understand for me. Then I kept them updated on my dr appts and let them know of all the meds I take and how they affect me. If I were you I would get a lawyer who specializes in SSDI and one who works on contigency. If you are on WC, maybe get a WC lawyer too. Not sure about that one, sorry. And most of all, DON'T GIVE UP! RSD is REAL as we all know all too well, and you have every right to apply for help if you can't work because of it. I pray alot these days and will pray for you too that you will win your appeal. With Love, Renee.
PS - Make sure you try not to get stressed during your appeal. I know it is very difficult not to, but the stress will make your rsd flare up and you don't want that. Your health is most important. Take care my friend and good luck.

Last edited by RSD ME; 04-05-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added a P.S. about Stress
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (04-06-2014), eevo61 (04-06-2014), fbodgrl (04-05-2014)