View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Karen.
How long have you had the anti Mag peripheral neuropathy? How is it effecting you, sensory symptoms or motor symptoms. You mentioned you had some entrappment.
You mentioned you had had good result from Rituxan treatment. Did you have only one treatment?
I have been told by my rheumatologist to look up on Rituxan, she wants to give me this for Rheumatoid Arthritis and history of small vessel vasculitis, and I have very bad sensory motor polyneuropathy and the worst is the Small fiber neuropathy.

So, I understand you had good relief from neuropathy symptoms?

I tell you, if it helps for that, it is worth looking into.

You also said you had been researching regarding lon term ill effects from Rituxan.
Well, we know the immidiate side effects, which is mostly reactions with chills, drop in BP. Some people tolerate it well. People who have reaction to it, has it with first infusion, usually. So, if you had no reaction with first, good chances you will tolerate it in the future infusions.

BUT, the big concern is, the possible long term ill effects, as you mentioned.
I would think immunosupression will be of concern,

I came across an article from American College of Rheumatology, I will try entering the link, hope it works
http://www.rheumatology.org/Publicat...ncephalopathy/
this is regarding Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy which is rare, but occur mostly in immunosupressed persons,

Another lin to safety re Rituxan
www.fda.gov/Medwatch/Safety/Alert for Human Medical Products

I did read in Wikipedia that Rituxan was the most promising drug for Anti Mag neuropathy.
I hope you get your answers. Discuss it with your doctor

This med is very expensive. I see there are cupons from the drug company,
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote