View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomWriterStudent View Post
I'm about 4 months in, and I recently stopped taking Xanax. It sucked, because that med was the only thing that made me feel like myself again!

I'm taking curcumin now. There is a post that mentions it at the top of this forum. I am taking other vitamins as well, but I feel like curcumin and vitamin B helped me the most. Curcumin totally got rid of my headaches, although I do still have this weird pressure/tightness thing going on. It also helped with my anxiety, but it took a couple weeks.

My anxiety is still pretty bad, though, so I know exactly how you are feeling. Like I said, the curcumin helped...but it didn't completely get rid of it. Oddly enough, my blood pressure med that I recently started also seems to be helping with the anxiety. I know you don't want more meds, but that's another option for you if you change your mind.

Take care.
It makes me feel better to know that someone else is struggling with the same thing, sometimes it's difficult to explain to people who don't have any comprehension of PCS as to why I've suddenly turned into an introvert, haha. My blood pressure is normal (except when I begin to panic, of course), so I'm not sure that a BP med will be an option, but it's worth bringing up to my doctor. I will definitely duplicate your vitamin regimen though. I'm hoping to be able to slowly taper off of them, but it just makes me anxious whenever I know that if I have another panic attack while driving, it always tends to set me back in my ability to do anything. I really appreciate your advice, and I hope you have a positive recovery!
redoslingberg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote